XpressRICH Controller IP for PCIe 2.1/1.1
XpressRICH Controller IP for PCIe 2.1/1.1
Controller IP for PCIe 2.1/1.1 Supporting Root Port, Endpoint, Dual-mode, Switch Port Configurations, with Native User Interface
XpressRICH is a configurable and scalable PCIe controller Soft IP designed for ASIC and FPGA implementation. The XpressRICH Controller IP for PCIe 2.1/1.1 is compliant with the PCI Express 2.1/1.1 specification, as well as with the PHY Interface for PCI Express (PIPE) specification. The IP can be configured to support endpoint, root port, switch port, and dual-mode topologies, allowing for a variety of use models. The provided Graphical User Interface (GUI) Wizard allows designers to tailor the IP to their exact requirements, by enabling, disabling, and adjusting a vast array of parameters, including data path size, PIPE interface width, low power support, SR-IOV, ECC, AER, etc. for optimal throughput, latency, size and power. XpressRICH Controller IP is verified using multiple PCIe VIPs and testsuites, and is proven in production silicon in hundreds of ASIC and FPGA designs using a variety of commercial and proprietary PCIe PHYs. PLDA XpressRICH Controller IP for PCIe 2.1/1.1 is the #1 choice for designers requiring enterprise-class features, highest performance, reliability, and scalability.
XpressRICH Controller IP for PCIe 2.1/1.1 is integrated, validated, and silicon-proven with a variety of PCIe PHY IP covering PCIe 2.1, 1.1, and process nodes down to 7nm. Supported combos include PHY IP from our Partner Ecosystem, PHY IP from EDA vendors Synopsys and Cadence, PHY IP from leading edge ASIC vendors, and integrated PHY Hard IP from FPGA vendors Intel (Altera) and Xilinx.
Some of our proven PCIe 2.1 Controller-PHY combos include:
- Analog Bits PHY on TSMC 16FF
- Avago PHY on TSMC 28, 16FF, 7FF
- Cadence PHY on TSMC 28
- GUC PHY on TSMC 28, 16FF, 12FF
- Intel PSG Stratix V, Stratix 10, Arria 10 integrated PHY
- M31 PHY on SMIC 40
- Phison PHY on TSMC 28HPC+, UMC 28
- Rambus PHY on TSMC 28
- Synopsys PHY on UMC 28HPC+, TSMC 7FF
- Terminus Circuit PHY on TSMC 28HPC
- VSemi (Intel) PHY on UMC 40, Intel 32, UMC 28
- Xilinx Virtex-7, Virtex UltraScale integrated PHY
Our unmatched expertise in PHY integration means customers can confidently select the PHY IP that best fit their requirements.
PCI Express is a complex protocol, and customers may not always have the expertise, the resources, or the time required to meet their development schedule. Our Advanced Design Integration (ADI) team helps customers shorten their development cycle by proposing expert services in the following areas:
- Integration of commercial and proprietary PCIe PHY IP
- Development and validation of custom PCIe PCS layer
- Customization of the PCIe IP to add customer-specific features
- Generation of custom reference designs
- Generation of custom verification environments
Check out our Integration Services page for more information on our ADI team and its capabilities.
- Xilinx 7-series, UltraScale series, UltraScale+ series: up to Gen2 x8
- Altera V-series and 10 series (Arria, Stratix): up to Gen2 x8
- Previous generation families also supported: contact us for details
Note that the number of ports that can be implemented on FPGA is limited by the number of transceivers/quads available on the targeted device.
PCI Express layer
- Compliant with the PCI Express 2.1/1.1, and PIPE (16- and 32-bit) specifications
- Compliant with PCI-SIG Single-Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV) Specification
- Supports Endpoint, Root-Port, Dual-mode, Switch port configurations
- Supports x16, x8, x4, x2, x1 at 5 GT/s and 2.5 GT/s speeds
- Supports AER, ECRC, ECC, MSI, MSI-X, Multi-function, crosslink, and other optional features
- Additional optional features include OBFF, TPH, ARI, LTR, IDO, L1 PM substates, etc.
User Interface layer
- 256-bit transmit/receive low-latency user interface
- User-selectable Transaction/Application Layer clock frequency
- Sideband signaling for PCIe configuration access, internal status monitoring, debug, and more
- Optional Transaction Layer bypass
Download the product brief or request the reference manual for complete specification and additional information.
- Dynamically adjustable application layer frequency down to 8Mhz for increased power savings
- Optional MSI/MSI-X register remapping to memory for reduced gate count when SR-IOV is implemented
- Configurable pipelining enables full speed operation on Intel and Xilinx FPGA, full support for production FPGA designs up to Gen2 x8 with same RTL code
- Ultra-low Transmit and Receive latency (excl. PHY)
- Smart buffer management on receive side (Rx Stream) and transmit side (merged Replay/Transmit buffer) enables lower memory footprint
- Optional Transaction Layer bypass allows for customer specific transaction layer and application layer
- Optional QuickBoot mode allows for up to 4x faster link training, cutting system-level simulation time by 20%
XpressRICH Controller IP for PCIe 2.1/1.1 is integrated and extensively verified using multiple VIP for foolproof reliability. We use a combination of Avery VIP, Cadence VIP, and Mentor VIP, PCIe testsuites, and PLDA-developed verification environment to achieve optimal coverage.
We use state-of-the-art FPGA prototyping platforms built in-house and from 3rd-party providers to thoroughly validate XpressRICH IP in real world conditions.
XpressRICH IP is multiple times PCI-SIG certified.
Our rigorous verification and validation process ensure customers can focus on the core of their application.
- Verilog RTL source code
- Libraries for functional simulation
- Configuration assistant GUI
PCI Express® Bus Functional Model
- Encrypted Simulation libraries
- PCI Express® Windows x64 and Linux x64 device drivers
- PCIe C API
- Synthesizable Verilog RTL source code
- Simulation environment and test scripts
- Synthesis project & DC constraint files (ASIC)
- Synthesis project & constraint files for supported FPGA hardware platforms (FPGA)