PCIe 4.0, 3.1/3.0 Root Port, Endpoint, Dual-mode, Switch Port Controller IP Core with CCIX ESM Support and Native User Interface
XpressCCIX is a configurable and scalable PCIe controller Soft IP designed for ASIC and FPGA implementation. The XpressCCIX IP is compliant with the PCI Express 4.0 and 3.1/3.0 specifications, as well as with version 4.x of the PHY Interface for PCI Express (PIPE) specification, and supports the CCIX Extended Speed Mode as defined in the CCIX Base Specification 1.0. The IP can be configured to support endpoint, root port, switch port, and dual-mode topologies, allowing for a variety of use models. The provided Graphical User Interface (GUI) Wizard allows designers to tailor the IP to their exact requirements, by enabling, disabling, and adjusting a vast array of parameters, including CCIX ESM mode, data path size, PIPE interface width, low power support, SR-IOV, ECC, AER, etc. for optimal throughput, latency, size and power. XpressCCIX IP is verified using multiple PCIe VIPs and testsuites, and integrated with select CCIX 20G/25G compatible PHYs. PLDA XpressCCIX PCIe IP with CCIX ESM support is the #1 choice for designers requiring enterprise-class features, highest performance, reliability, and scalability.
XpressCCIX controller IP is integrated, validated, and silicon-proven with a variety of PCIe PHY IP covering PCIe 4.0, 3.1, 2.1, 1.1, and process nodes down to 7nm. Supported combos include PHY IP from our Partner Ecosystem, PHY IP from EDA vendors Synopsys and Cadence, PHY IP from leading edge ASIC vendors, and integrated PHY Hard IP from FPGA vendors Intel PSG and Xilinx. We are actively working with select PHY partners to offer an integrated and validated controller + PHY solution for CCIX ESM at 20G and 25G.
Some of our proven PCIe 4.0 Controller-PHY combos include:
- Avago PHY on TSMC 16FF/FF+, 7FF
- Physon PHY on TSMC 28HPC+
- Rambus PHY on TSMC 28
- SK Hynix on TSMC 12FFC
- Synopsys PHY on TSMC 28HPC+
- Terminus Circuit PHY on TSMC 28HPC
- Xilinx Virtex UltraScale+ integrated PHY
Our unmatched expertise in PHY integration means customers can confidently select the PHY IP that best fit their requirements.
PCI Express and CCIX are complex protocols, and customers may not always have the expertise, the resources, or the time required to meet their development schedule. Our Advanced Design Integration (ADI) team helps customers shorten their development cycle by proposing expert services in the following areas:
- Integration of commercial and proprietary PCIe/CCIX PHY IP
- Development and validation of custom PCIe PCS layer
- Customization of the PCIe/CCIX IP to add customer-specific features
- Generation of custom reference designs
- Generation of custom verification environments
Check out our Integration Services page for more information on our ADI team and its capabilities.
We are actively working with Intel PSG and Xilinx to offer a path for CCIX ESM 25G implementation on leading edge FPGA.
PCI Express layer
- Compliant with the PCI Express 4.0, 3.1/3.0, and PIPE 4.x (8-, 16- and 32-bit) specifications
- Compliant with PCI-SIG Single-Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV) Specification
- Supports Endpoint, Root-Port, Dual-mode, Switch port configurations
- Supports x16, x8, x4, x2, x1 at 16 GT/s, 8 GT/s, 5 GT/s, 2.5 GT/s speeds
- Supports AER, ECRC, ECC, MSI, MSI-X, Multi-function, P2P, crosslink, and other optional features
- Additional optional features include OBFF, TPH, ARI, LTR, IDO, L1 PM substates, etc.
- Implements DVSEC Capability
- Supports x16, x8, x4, x2, x1 at CCIX ESM data rate 1, 20 Gb/s or 25 Gb/s
User Interface layer
- 512-bit transmit/receive low-latency user interface
- User-selectable Transaction/Application Layer clock frequency
- Sideband signaling for PCIe configuration access, internal status monitoring, debug, and more
- Optional Transaction Layer bypass
Download the product brief or request the reference manual for complete specification and additional information.
- Internal data path size automatically scales up or down (64-, 256-, 512- bits) based on link speed and width for reduced gate count and optimal throughput
- Dynamically adjustable application layer frequency down to 8Mhz for increased power savings
- Optional MSI/MSI-X register remapping to memory for reduced gate count when multi-function or SR-IOV is implemented
- Configurable pipelining enables full speed operation on Intel and Xilinx FPGA, full support for production FPGA designs up to Gen4 x8, Gen3 x16, CCIX 25G x8 with same RTL code (when supported)
- Ultra-low Transmit and Receive latency (excl. PHY)
- Smart buffer management on receive side (Rx Stream) and transmit side (merged Replay/Transmit buffer) enables lower memory footprint
- Optional Transaction Layer bypass allows for customer-developed application layer
- Optional QuickBoot mode allows for up to 4x faster link training, cutting system-level simulation time by 20%
The XpressCCIX controller IP is integrated and thoroughly verified using multiple VIP for foolproof reliability. We use a combination of Avery VIP, Cadence VIP, and Mentor VIP, PCIe testsuites, and PLDA-developed verification environment to achieve optimal coverage.
We use state-of-the-art FPGA prototyping platforms built in-house to thoroughly validate XpressCCIX IP in real world conditions.
Our rigorous verification process ensure customers can focus on the core of their application.
- Verilog RTL source code
- Libraries for functional simulation
- Configuration assistant GUI
PCI Express® Bus Functional Model
- Encrypted Simulation libraries
- PCI Express® Windows x64 and Linux x64 device drivers
- PCIe C API
- Synthesizable Verilog RTL source code
- Simulation environment and test scripts
- Synthesis project & DC constraint files (ASIC)
- Synthesis project & constraint files for supported FPGA hardware platforms (FPGA)