PLDA, the industry leader in PCI Express® (PCIe®) interface IP solutions, today announced the release of its "Inspector", a Plug & Play PCIe 4.0 host platform with built-in PCIe traffic monitoring, enabling link-training and link performance analysis.
This new tool allows PCIe designers to validate interoperability and to measure the PCIe bandwidth performance of their applications, as well as optimizing key parameters of their PCIe 4.0 architectural design. With the PCIe 4.0 specification still evolving, designers need a PCIe 4.0-enabled host platform that validates key system information like lane margining, LTSSM state and real throughput. PLDA’s Inspector is a new type of PCIe analyzer, supporting the PCIe 4.0 data rate and enabling project teams to quickly and easily perform preliminary analysis of their designs.
PLDA’s Inspector for PCIe technology was created to help designers during the crucial process of validation and performance optimization of their PCIe boards and applications. The Inspector features a H110I+ motherboard with i3 core, a LCD touch-screen for PCIe link display, and a PCIe slot configured to support up to 16GT/s x4 speed (PCIe 4.0 architecture), enabling fast and easy PCIe performance analysis of the application without additional expensive hardware and software.
PLDA’s Inspector manages important steps of design validation including :
- Interoperability diagnostic and debug of PCIe endpoint boards
- Error injection and system reliability validation
- Real-time benchmarking and performance monitoring
- Application performance optimization
- Early PCIe 4.0 software development
- Performance validation of PCIe 4.0 technology proof-of-concept add-in cards
Key benefits of PLDA’s Inspector for PCIe 4.0 system designers include :
- Complete PCIe link visibility, enabling real-time functionality verification
- Easy Plug & Play set up, without a lengthy configuration process
- A compact and robust solution, delivering results without complexity
- The ability to upgrade transparently as new features become available
- An application and operating-system-agnostic design, enabling use within a variety of environments
“With the release of the PCIe 4.0, Revision 0.9 specification, we are anticipating an increase in PCIe 4.0-enabled products,” said Al Yanes, PCI-SIG Chairman and President. “PLDA’s continued support of the PCIe 4.0 architecture helps the PCIe ecosystem evolve to support an increasing range of platforms in new market verticals.”
For more information on PLDA’s Inspector for PCIe technology :
- Visit PCIe Inspector's page on PLDA website
- Visit PLDA in booth 12 at PCI-SIG DevCon and test your PCIe endpoint application’s throughput
- To discuss your specific project needs, please contact PLDA at email@example.com
PLDA has been successfully delivering PCI and PCI Express IP for more than 20 years. With over 6,200 licenses, PLDA has established a vast customer base and the world’s broadest PCIe ecosystem. PLDA has maintained its leadership over four generations of PCI Express specifications, enabling customers to reduce risk and accelerate time-to-market for their ASIC and FPGA-based designs. PLDA provides a complete PCIe solution with its IP cores, FPGA boards for ASIC prototyping, PCIe BFM/testbench, and PCIe drivers and APIs. PLDA is a global company with offices in North America (San Jose, California) and Europe (France, Italy, Bulgaria).
PCI-SIG is the consortium that owns and manages PCI specifications as open industry standards. The organization defines industry standard I/O (input/output) specifications consistent with the needs of its members. Currently, PCI-SIG is comprised of nearly 750 industry-leading member companies. To join PCI-SIG, and for a list of the Board of Directors, visit www.pcisig.com.
PCI-SIG, PCI Express and PCIe are trademarks or registered trademarks of PCI-SIG. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.